My Wedding in two weeks time, but


My Wedding in two weeks time,but....


Dear Tutu
I am to be married in two weeks time.
Congratulations should be in order, true, but not true.
Unfortunately I am about to be crucified, because I intend to call off the Wedding, my Wedding.
A month  ago, all was right, with my world
The wedding preparation was in top gear
I had been fitted for my satiny white wedding gown
The caterer had been booked
A fluke of nature made me insist on getting an Event Planning Organisation involved
My reason being I had attended a friend’s wedding which was a total flop. So badly organized, probably because it was absent an Event planner
I didn’t want my Wedding day to be anything but perfect, so I  was insistent to my hubby to be, ‘let’s get an Event planner’. Tomi( not real name),my groom to be, was a cool headed guy and always very eager to please me, his love. He agreed readily and told me to send the bill to him.
And so, I made a few enquiries and an Event planning company came recommended.Infact I was told their success rate had always been a hundred and one percent.
One sunny Monday morning, a month to my Wedding, I set out to the Event planning company on the Island.
I was well received and ushered into the office of the MD/CEO
Our eyes met and I just screamed ‘ Segun!’( not real name). Segun looked too shocked to call my name, he just stared dumbfounded.
It so happens that Segun was my very first boyfriend. We had dated since Secondary School and all through University.We were inseparable, but we lost touch when his family suddenly relocated  to the U.S.
Time stood still, for the both of us.Eventually he came around to me and held me in his arms, murmuring ' I’ll never let you go, again, sweetheart'
I clung to him feverishly. Right there and then, I knew, without an iota of doubt that my heart still belonged to Segun. Nothing would ever, could ever, change that.
We got talking. He told me he had tried getting across to me and that I was the major reason he decided to relocate to Nigeria.
‘ Can’t you see, Bimpe, we belong to each other!’
Looking into his eyes, I believed him. I knew I could never love Tomi the way he deserved.
All thoughts of my Wedding preparation, flew out of the window. We arranged to meet later that day. For the very first time in my relationship, I lied to Tomi that I had an urgent appointment with my dressmaker. I spent the night in Segun’s house.
I can no longer continue with the Wedding. I have absolutely no interest in getting married to Tomi.
But, the Wedding invites sent out, the flights booked by friends and relatives, cuts me to the quick.
I have promised Segun that I’ll speak to Tomi, but I am scared. How do I get to convince Tomi, that this is the best decision for us all, especially as I know he has suicidal tendencies?


PS: Do you have a story you want to share? Please send it to LifeWithTutu@gmail.com

Comments

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! Really serious, I think she should call off the wedding because is obvious she never loved Tomi, and if she decide to continue with the marriage she will be unfaithful and that is not good at allπŸ˜‘πŸ˜Ά

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think she needs prayers and counseling before she decide on anything.. The feeling can be lust

    ReplyDelete
  4. It is serious. My advice is to give it serious thought cuz marriage is a lifetime thing. Fine. Love is very important in a marriage, no dispute but is she so sure that Segun as not changed, she has no idea what he has been unto since he left but with Tomi, she has an idea if not totally vivid on what he has been unto, for her to accept his marriage proposal then she loves him enough to marry him. So i suggest she gives it a very good thought before making a decision she will regret because we all deserve happiness. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. This love something is just like tv series, always a spin, least when you expect it. My advice is "till you say I do, you don't".
    She can change her mind now but after marriage she must be faithful to Segun or Tomi or whomever.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I feel she should think about it well before calling the wedding off cos her first love would have changed within the period they lost contacts and the likes.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Abi o, my thoughts exactly. Make she no throw away sure thing for a ghost.

      Delete
  7. I just feel sorry for the fiance (tomi), he doesn't deserve all this drama. No man deserves this drama. The lady should have sorted out her heart before saying yes to his proposal.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I never hope to be in this kind of situation. But i won't advise her to call of the wedding. I'll suggest she sees Tomi to talk. She just met the guy and she accepted that she's the reason he relocated( a player's line...lol). I doubt the guy isn't a player, but I'm sure she's been with Tomi for a while and that's enough to build a family on, not just on an old time obsession that just resurrected. If she goes ahead, I'm sure in few months her eyes would be opened but Tomi might not be available again.
    My advice: stop seeing Segun and come clean to Tomi about everything.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Easy!!!!!! ......no need calling of ,just swap the names on the IV.
    Lifes is Good

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hmmm deep I would suggest you pray because your decision at this point can make or mar you

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wow, love the twist and turns.
    No matter her decision someone will be hurt πŸ’”.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Sometimes what you have at the moment is better than what you think had.
    Segun may not that same person she once rolled with and loved.
    A lot of time had gone by.
    Probably, she could find a reason and move forward the wedding date so as to carefully come to a decision.
    Love the suspense build-up😍😍😍.

    ReplyDelete
  13. I feel she should just end the wedding stuff and tell the boyfriend the truth

    ReplyDelete
  14. She should try and know Segundo better ,he might just b lying to her ,it can all just b lust .she needs to b careful or she will lose Tomi forever and she might probably find herself to blame at d end.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow!! ¡ very interesting, she should learn to depend on God more

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1