Help!

Be careful what you wish for, is a saying I never paid heed to, to my detriment.
The day, I knew I was short, was the day some health workers came to check our BMI.I think it was a public private partnership agreement with the Ministry of Health. We had a rising incidence of weight related health issues in my secondary school, which I believe prompted the BMI checks in addition to other health investigations.
Yes, I was very decidedly short, still am.I am four feet, nine inches ‘tall’. It is a family thing. All my forebears were. All my siblings are. So, I made up my mind at a very early age not to bring forth short children. I made up my mind to marry an exceedingly tall lady. The taller, the better!
I cannot begin to describe the complex I suffered from, some dared call me ‘ shorty' , to my face. Chai!, I suffered! But, I made up my mind to be successful, I worked my fingers to the bone to be .At least, if I can’t be tall, I can be rich!
I made a name for myself, I finished from school with flying colours and I went into partnership with a few friends in IT.
Life was good. Very soon, your homeboy was smiling to the bank, and the girls who had hitherto ignored me, looked over me, looked through me and past me, came in their droves.I suddenly became, the cynosure of some very beautiful eyes and bodies!
But I knew what I was looking for. I went to clubs, partied hard, parte after parte, but I was focussed. I wanted a wife who was well endowed, homely, learned, very tall and cuddly.
Like I said, life was good. I had a fleet of cars, latest models of Lamborghini, Mercedes Benz and Toyota. I had choice houses on Banana Island, Victoria Island etc.
One fateful day, I went to see a friend in an IT firm and he suggested a cup of coffee, I told him I was game and he rang for his secretary.The minute she walked in carrying  the tray and all, I was hooked! I stared, mouth almost agape.
Time literally stood still, for me. I cannot begin to describe my feelings, my heart suddenly started beating to a strange rhythm, the rhythmic beat of love
I have never been a believer in love at first sight. Meaningless analogy to a die hard business man and programmer. But that fateful day, I fell and kept falling in love. I was mesmerized. She was the encapsulation of everything, and I mean everything, I ever wanted, height, beauty, physical endowment etc.
Fast forward to three months later and we were married.
Whirl wind, kinda? I was too in love to waste any more time on courtship.
Left to me, we would have been married immediately.
And so the marital journey started.
I noticed my wife was somewhat aggressive and tended to keep grievances, but since she was preggers, I just felt it was warranted by her  condition.
And then it started. Something so shameful I cannot tell even my closest friend, not even my family members. I have endured this thing, but , I am dying, inside…
To be continued….

Comments

  1. Waiting for the concluding part... Lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very intriguing,please finish the story,so I can bare my mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Tutu, that's how you will come and be making someone anticipate.. mind yourself oh. Oya finish the story now or...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Waiting for the concluding part of d story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Captivating story! Can't wait for the continuation.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Superlative....well crafted....KBO

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1