I Promised To Love You


I thought love was supposed to be a forever thing. I thought love was supposed to be,a  till death part us phenomenon.
Ten years down the line, it appears I thought it all wrong. I never thought I would see the day when my marriage would just ….become extinct. This is my story, this is now my cross
I had an awesome courtship, was a bit rocky initially, because my fiancee then, didn’t understand me, I have always been a very practical person, and I have always said what I think, but eventually she got the hang of it( me) and later told me, she loved my honesty.
We had an awesome marriage, three kids in quick succession. All was fine in my world, until, I got the rudest shock of my life, one Monday morning
‘ I want a divorce, I’m in love with someone else'
Isigini?
I thought my hearing ability had failed me, and I was hearing voices
My wife of ten years, repeated herself and went on to tell me she had fallen in love with her colleague, a senior colleague, a divorcee,  who was a family friend. He had supped with us a number of times, visited, was even godfather to our last born!
I am devastated! I have begged, prostrated, virtually humiliated myself to get her to change her mind. But, her mind is made up,as she has moved out. I cannot let go of this woman I love.
I got the divorce papers last week and daily I stare at the papers, unable to sign.What in Heaven’s name, can I do?


Comments

  1. This thrills like it's real. Well done.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There must be a reason behind any action whether concrete or otherwise. Peradventure, the so called senior colleague turned family friend got too close for comfort which you didn't see as a threat.

    You need to persuade her to get the reason(s) behind the divorce. You also need to speak with her family members to let them in into the whole stuff. After all, you didn't pick her up from the streets, there are people within her family who can get to talk to her to change her mind.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The thing with most early relationships is it is sweetest in the beginning but sustaining it is the issue. My advice will be let her go and see it as a second chance to meet someone new. (When a woman is fed up and ready to go, don't bother changing her mind). What she is looking for she will find cos it is not necessarily greener at the other side if it isn't watered.

    ReplyDelete
  4. My advice is to turn to God for wisdom and direction on the way forward.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't sign it divorce is only biblical on the grounds of Adultery. Thanks

    ReplyDelete
  6. At this juncture, don't force her to love you because it will never last if after three kids your wife can boldly come and declare she's in love with your family friend. Bro, congratulations... some issues like this may lead to your death if you have heavy properties they eyed on. Just let her part with you in peace, put yourself together, invest heavily in your kids and move on. Nothing is permanent. Do what keeps you happy so you can live long and healthy.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I believe you should have a round table discussion to find out if you can reconcile, but if not, please you move on with your life and seek happiness Else where

    ReplyDelete
  8. "The signs you ignore in the beginning eventually becomes the reason you break up later."
    I believe there were signs which were ignored. Just try to know where the issue lies and promise to address it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Interestingly, the foundation of the relationship not disclosed to rightly influence my advice. Nevertheless, at this junction, let her go; and allow God to guide you in your future relationship

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely storyline and a lot for married couples to reflect on.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cant wait for the end of the story

    ReplyDelete
  12. Let her be,and move on,divorce isnt the end of the world as long as God is with you...His mercies endures forever.Amen

    ReplyDelete
  13. Damn serious predicament to find oneself!

    Sad indeed 😥😢😢

    ReplyDelete
  14. So real actually.... thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love,now isn't what it ought to be, but factored by what to gain now monetized by most ladies...and men who realise that too,hardly respect those ladies whose major is monetized love...gabbage in cabbage out stuff..who do you blame now??

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1