An Ace Up My Cuff 3




I was at a friend’s mother's birthday party. Around nine pm, we the youths moved away for our own after party, at a hall a little away from the venue of the birthday party. I felt stuffed and I wasn’t inclined to dance, after having consumed two packs of small chops,a generously ladled plate of fried rice, moi moi and a bottle of wine( I’ve always been a hearty eater, especially when the food is free!). Quite a number of us were dancing, this I observed whilst lazily sprawling on the sofa. And then , I saw him. A tall, very good looking guy dancing energetically and very skillfully. I stared and stared and stared. I told myself  ‘Iquo, you must get this guy!’
I managed to get across to our friend the daughter of the celebrant to ask for his name
‘ Oh, that’s Ibrahim' she replied carelessly as she took a swig of the bottle of Hennessey( which was more than half way gone) that appeared to be glued to her hand. She looked tipsy and as I didn’t want vomitus on my expensive and  carefully sewn trouser suit, I moved away, somewhat..ah..hastily!
I watched for a break in the music, whilst people are inclined to change partners and skillfully glided into his arms. I am not a good dancer but at least I can still sway to the music being played, thankfully it was a ‘ hold me in your arms and rock me gently kinda song' and so, we rocked.
By the time the night was over, I told myself, I had met my Mr. Right!
Not only was Ibrahim , tall and sexy looking, he was a Physician, my dream occupation for my husband. As a little kid I had dreamt of marrying a medical doctor. I told myself ‘Iquo, this one must not escape!’
Of course I was at my best behaviour. Everyone knows I’m as nasty and as mean as they come. But you cannot afford to show such aspects of your character to your intended, else you’ll die an old hag!. I was all sweetness and light in his arms!
I pretended as if I didn’t know he was holding me too tightly. I was too busy,anyways, calculating my next step.
So, he collected my number and I his. Shortly after, we started dating, but I found out, to my dismay, my Mr. Right was a very bad flirt, a flirt without scruples of any kind..

To be continued



Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1