Between the Sheets 1


I am predominantly phlegmatic. I love to keep to myself, a lot. I finished from the university and got employed by a conglomerate. To a reasonable extent I could fend for myself.
I didn’t want to be a player, still waters run deep and I am still. I fear God and didn’t want to sleep around. So I sought a wife that would be a companion, a helpmeet, a confidant and of course someone I was attracted to.
I met her during one of the church services. Sweet, pretty and she looked very neat and dressed carefully
I consider myself a good judge of character, a gentleman to the core and a very sensitive, understanding guy. I do hope I am not blowing my own trumpet. But when I say I’m a decent guy, I mean by all reasonable standards, that I am a decent guy.
I open car doors and other doors politely for women, I’m a good listener and I am teachable
To crown it all up, I am a natty dresser. Clothes sit so well on my six foot frame.
Every lady’s dream,even if, I do say so…

So, I courted madam assiduously. I spent and was spent in my pursuit of true love.
After all you love and marry ,only once.
Between my thoughtfully given gifts, red roses ,cards, attention, etc., she eventually said yes.
Fast forward to a year later, we were pronounced man and wife.
I became what is called a ‘ responsible man', just by saying ‘ I do'
I   am very fastidious. I believe item A should be at the same location it has always been. This, so that even in the dark I can tell where each item would be.
Madam is the complete opposite of the word, fastidious.
I would come home to find the house, untidy. I didn’t complain at first because she got pregnant almost immediately, I put it down to the morning sickness, palaver. And so, I would tidy up, with a smile.
But when the kids arrived it got, much worse. It was as if there was a permanent avalanche in my house! Of course, my smile had by now, disappeared in its entirety!
I would get home from work, hot, sticky and tired, only to roll up my sleeves to begin to clean , arrange , mop and the works, as I cannot stand any form of dirt or dis organization
Of course, I complained but she told me tartly ‘ You are you, and I am me!’ and that was that.
At other times, I would get home to see used diapers in the bath tub, feacal matter remnants dotting the toilet bowl, the kitchen sink, filled to overflowing with used cutlery. Dirty laundry dotting the bedroom floor.
Guys, I was frustrated in the marriage, my soul bruised, my tidy world, irrevocably shattered


To be continued....



Comments

  1. It just simple, divorce... How can you keep a pig in the house and still tell you re you and I am me.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Help yourself, get a maid, that is that and life goes on.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sit her down for a heart to heart discussion and let her know how you feel. If she cares about your feelings, she should be willing to adjust or at least reach a compromise..
    If the house chores seem to be overwhelming, however, you might look into getting a maid.

    ReplyDelete
  4. If this is her only draw back, think deep, stay on.

    When a supposed help mate is the one needs to be helped, help her get one.

    ReplyDelete

  5. Oga, the spirit keep you out of complaint. Prayerfully tolerate and support her weakness.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1