An Ace Up My Cuff 6




I wish I were privy to what went down betwist Ibrahim and his old man. All I can say is, his father summoned me to the house a week later(I had given him my number at my first visit) and to my surprise, I met Ibrahim seated, looking downcast. After a quick glance at him, I fixed my gaze ,firmly on the old man as he was the one I really had business with.
I was wearing the same outfit  I wore the first time I visited. I expected some reaction from Ibrahim who was used to seeing  me in my  usual ultra mini skirts and  my revealing blouses. However, he kept his head bowed, in sorrowful indifference.
‘ So I have told him, he must marry you. You are pregnant and that’s all that matters. If you were good enough to sleep with, then, you are good enough to marry!’
He spared Ibrahim a sour look and continued
‘ We must plan the wedding immediately. Your mother in law is not around as she has travelled to Mecca, as soon as she’s back, we’ll put the finishing touches. Your parents, Iquo, when can we come see them?’
I smiled shyly as I replied that I would get back to him.
His father insisted Ibrahim hug me. This he did very reluctantly. If wild horses were left to dance in my stomach, they wouldn’t have hit each other! I was that ecstatic!
The introduction was hurriedly done, I had a feeling my parents were very eager to be rid of me, well, the feeling was mutual as I was eager to be rid of them, too!
The wedding of course as you know was done in the puddle of  his tears!. We are left to ourselves, by ourselves. I intend to have fun, with or without Ibrahim in this marriage. If he wants to continue in mourning, that’s his headache. I have gotten what I wanted, how I wanted it, his loss, my everlasting gain!
I am, Mrs. Iquo Ibrahim Ogunkoya, signing out!



Comments

  1. I just hope Iquo's happiness lasts and Ibrahim doesn't turn her into a punching bag due to frustration.
    Well done Solape.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah! When the story done dey sweet my bele! Good work and more grace.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This looks like something that's definitely going to end in violence, if not worse!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Incidentally, its going on fine, thirty years and counting for them

      Delete
  4. Pele o Ibrahim...

    How long will Iquo’s happiness last?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ibrahim unhappiness will end with the baby's arrival. Love is not totally absent in this relationship: otherwise, Ibrahim would not allow her parents to know the present wife before the pregnancy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice one Solape. Keep it up.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Nice one! But i still pity for her in advance. Well i can say is "I wish you all the best". Nice piece tutu

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very interesting indeed sureTutu.She's gonna be in soup in that marriage. I pity for her though coz the feeling ain't mutual. The Bobo will surely vent all his anger n bitterness on her.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1