An Awakening 2




Five years down the line in my marriage. I am the complete opposite of the man that got married five years earlier because I am a frustrated being. Yeah, you heard me. There’s only so much I can take, not with my drive.
My wife for want of a better word is frigid. As cold as a fish, in bed. Our first night, I attributed  her coldness to the stress of the wedding preparation. Other nights, were no different. She would be asking me if I had paid the PHCN bill right in the middle of love making! There was a day she was telling me how she planned to spend the house allowance I had given her, during bedmatics!
Caresses, touches, as tenderly and as lingeringly as they were applied, had zero effect, no form of sexual stimulation( and believe me, I had done lots of research in erotica) could make my wife aroused. All my attempts: sweet words, text messages, gifts, tenderness, the works met with, zero success. She would ‘ endure' the act and just fall asleep afterwards!
The day I knew I was in deep trouble was when I suggested going to see a sex therapist
‘ For what naa? Have I ever refused you? Bros, no sex therapist can do jack for me. I have never been interested in sex and I never will. My first hubby tried too, and he met with no success. Truth be told, caresses irritate me, feel like tiny worms making their way on my skin. Let me be joor!’
I was shocked to the bone marrow!
Yes, she was a divorcee when I had met her and she explained that she had been forced into the marriage by her parents. The guy was the one who walked out of the marriage and that she had never loved him. It was the guy who had  instigated the divorce proceedings.
Perhaps, this should have warned me, but I was too in love to care.
This is not what I bargained for. My sex drive has always been high, and we had discussed sex extensively during courtship. The stolen kisses and caresses during courtship,  and her reaction to them, was just a performance, I discovered later, to my chagrin. A performance that deluded me into thinking my fiancee was as attracted to me as I was to her.
I am very sexually frustrated. I’m the shadow of the man I once was. I was actually considering getting a second wife, someone who will bring me the sexual satisfaction, I very earnestly crave and in addition, the children I so badly need, until I met with my best friend from uni, days, called Afolabi Ashiru.

To be continued…


Comments

  1. A divorced person that puts all the blames on the ex is a red flag.
    Being teachable is an underrated attribute in life. She needs the sex therapy badly.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ladies take advantage of suitors for things no longer for love...and vice versal...hes suppose to wise up...

    ReplyDelete
  3. An unexpected turn from part 1. This is very interesting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Have u tried finding out of she was abused while growing up?

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is a typical example of below expectation....Lets see how it goes.

    ReplyDelete
  6. She sounds like someone who isn't ready to be helped at all.

    ReplyDelete
  7. My friend's wife was also like this. She doesn't like sex @ all, says my friend

    ReplyDelete
  8. So unfortunate for the man but married the second wife is not the solution.something can be done

    ReplyDelete
  9. OMG 😱, Ashiru..... This is getting more interesting

    ReplyDelete
  10. There's always a way out... If only she's willing to try

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1