Unforgivable 4

Mickey walked into the banking hall and as our eyes met, I knew I was lost, forever. I had been in a relationship before and I had thought I had been in love, but with Mickey, I learnt a new dimension of love, a deeper angle to it
He came to literally wipe away my tears and fears, away. He was a very selfless person with a generous heart.
The first time I took him home, my father and siblings instantly took a liking to him. He was unfazed by our living quarters, the tattered chairs, curtains riddled with holes, and the floor, absent covering. He sat and talked with my family as if he had known them, all his life.
Our relationship was like a dream come true. I was deliriously happy. I met with his parents who also took a liking to me.
Firstly he started taking care of my family. My father’s hospital bill, our general upkeep. I started really shinning. He took me shopping and changed my wardrobe. I was living large. Eventually he ensured we moved from the one room apartment we had been inhabiting to a three bedroom apartment.
Eight months down the line, we started preparing for our marriage and he sat me down after we were done planning.
‘ You have got to look for your mother, Abike. If you want us to get married and stay married, you need to seek for her and forgive her'
I looked at him aghast.
Why would I look for a mother who had been lost to us for years. A mother who left and had never looked back. A mother who couldn’t care less whether we lived or died.
I thought he was joking until I noticed he stopped picking my calls and stopped checking up on me. I was so worried I had to confide in Father.
‘ He’s the one that wants to marry you. If that is what he wants, then you must oblige him. I don’t agree but then like I said, you must oblige him. Do whatever it takes not to lose him.’ Father warned.
And so , I set off to seek a woman who’s only bond to me was by blood. I set off to seek a woman who cared nought for me. I had no choice. I wanted to spend the rest of my life with Mickey. I would give it whatever it would take.

To be continued….

Comments

  1. Sometimes is hard to forgive but you just have to learn to do it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ghen ghen ghen ghen....
    Scintillating!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is good to forgive so that our heaven father can forgive all our transgression

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hmmmmm. It's really hard to forgive. Her mother also did a very bad thing but have too

    ReplyDelete
  5. Forgive or lose the man of your dreams!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Twists and turns, another lesson of life to be learnt!

    ReplyDelete
  7. There is a reason for everythig that happen in this life, let see where it will end.

    ReplyDelete
  8. If she can't forgive her mother of her alleged sins, she will treat her lover in like manner and can't be a suitable wife for Micky.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1