My American 2


I wake up from my brief slumber, waves of regret threaten to submerge me, I consider my not considerable options. I cannot go back to my parents. They are retired and are just managing themselves. So, in this marriage I must stay.
I had no intention to be in a marriage fraught with lies. But at 43 with no eligible suitor around, I had had to consider the American.
I met him when I had just lost my job. Life was frustrating. No job, no hubby, no money, nothing, at least so I thought. I was impressed by his excellent command of English, his carriage, his smooth words and his kindness, talk about the dumbest of  reasons to get hooked up!
 He told me he had just come in from the states, specifically to get a good Nigerian girl to marry. He was from my state, tall and charcoal black. I asked as to his source of livelihood and he told me he was a business man. Reeling off his academic degrees and achievements, I told myself, this is Mr.  Right! He said he travelled abroad and had been abroad for well over ten years but as his parents had insisted he marry somebody from his tribe, he had had to come back home.
After about two months, I was firmly convinced I had gotten my hubby. He came to the house and my parents who had been mounting pressure on me to bring home a hubby, were taken by him.
I asked to visit him, but he kept saying his two friends who were rather rough, were staying with him and he wouldn’t want them to embarrass me.

To be continued….

Comments

  1. This is interesting and tourçhing, hope to see the end.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hmmmmm. Interesting but Can this really happen in this time and age?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope the American man is not up to something; events unfolding, let me wait.

    ReplyDelete
  4. American wonder in relationship! All that glitter are not gold .

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1