Tango With Me 1

I put on my clothes almost with the speed of light. I am late, I didn’t plan to be late, not today of all days, my wedding anniversary. 10th wedding anniversary, not a mean feat, not a mean feat at all. It is night time. My companion sleeps on, snoring softly. I look at him, without expression.
I key in the last button on my blouse and glance at myself in the mirror. Not looking bad, at least my clothes were not torn off, like the last time. I grimace at the thought of the last time.
Apparently I have sworn a pact with the Devil. I have sold my soul to him and I must dance to his tune. I have no choice.
As I leave the hotel room, I put the sordidness of the ‘ relationship', I have with my companion behind me, for I am no longer the wanton actress that gave a superlative performance in the hotel room. I am now the very responsible, upstanding Mrs. Santos.
I call for my uber driver, I never bring my car to these liaisons, not smart you know and anyone just might recognise it. He arrives some thirty minutes later and drops me off at home. As far as he’s concerned I have  ‘business meetings’ every fortnight at the hotel.
Hubby is sulking, he had been waiting for an hour. We kiss and make up and we head to the restaurant for our celebratory dinner. My four kids in Nanny's care….

To be continued….

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1