Tango With Me 3

I am not a shameless woman, regardless of what you may think. I’m just an ordinary woman trying to do whatever it takes to keep her marriage hence my two weekly sojourn to the hotel to meet with Remi, my husband’s younger brother and my first love.
In life you have to do with what the cards have dealt you. The cards have not dealt fairly with me.
How was I to know Remi was my husband's younger brother? I never set my eyes on Femi who was a busy pilot jetting all over the world throughout my relationship with Remi. Remi had mentioned him in passing, yes, but I never saw pictures.
It was after Remi broke up callously with me that I met Femi on vacation in the Seychelles. I was pretty broken up, devastated by Remi's insensitivity to me. Femi was an apparition from Heaven, an Angel with healing in his wings. Psychologically I was a shell of myself. I had begged, pleaded with Remi for our relationship to remain but he had callously told me he was done with me and that he had someone else. Yes, that was Remi, recklessly thoughtless and intrinsically selfish with a Devil may care attitude. Love truly is a mystery.
Femi more or less nursed me back to life. My broken wings became mended. My tears got dried away. My hope in humanity, renewed. I no longer felt worthless, used and dumped.
Femi was the complete opposite of Remi. Femi was sensitive, sweet , pure, goodness personified. Femi was my dream man, all I had hoped to get but never really thought I could. He respected me and he was there for me. We were drawn to each other, the chemistry almost unbelievable. Apparently, the gods had finally decided to smile on me, Mojisola.

To be continued…

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1