Unforgivable 6



I sent Mickey a chat telling him I had finally found my mother. He called me back almost immediately, after being incommunicado for close to a month. We arranged a meet with Mother.
It was on  a Saturday we set out for Mother’s. Enroute, he stopped over at a Supermarket and literally went on a spending spree. Provisions , drinks, canned food, the works. I eyed him irritably for I knew he was shopping for Mother
‘ Is it that he does not understand the magnitude of this woman’s wickedness? Even after telling him all we went through, all I went through. How I was nearly raped in our face me I face you abode as a 12 year old girl, absent a mother to guide and shield me? This guy must be an ignoramus of the highest order. Wasting good money he should have given to me or even to the poor!’
He sensed my dissent and carefully looked away from me as he carried on with his shopping. Me? I refused to help him with the carrier bags ladled heavily with provisions meant for Mother. He loaded them into the back seat and away we went.
Conversation was stilted, I barely responded to his enquires, I was seething!
We got to Mother’s place. I had called few days before to tell her of our intended visit. Immediately Mickey set his eyes on her, he fell flat on his face, prostrating. He was all charm, sweetness and light. She oohed and aahed over the provisions
‘All these for me. Ah! What did I do to deserve this?! My able inlaw!’
‘ Yeah right! You don’t deserve nada, only spite and scorn!’ I thought
‘En jeun omo ni ma'( You are eating the fruit of  your labour) Mickey replied ever so gallantly
‘ Which stupid labour!?’ I thought angrily. I was fit to burst with indignation!
Mickey sat by her side throughout, he held her hand and looked with so much love and compassion into her faded grey eyes. Slowly he was able to draw out from her, her sojourn after she left us. Everything that had happened came pouring out of her depths, unhindered, uncensored.

To be continued….

Comments

  1. This Mickey is somehow. Even with him trying to mend and heir relationship, he shouldn't be disregarding his fiancee's emotions. What is the meaning of "she is reaping the fruits of her labour"? She literally did nothing! He should have found something else to say.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I look forward for the next action

    ReplyDelete
  3. I know Mickey's type. He has a mission and he will get there. Waiting for next episode.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oga o. That guy is a very good man because as for me, I don't have such pure mind like that. Someone like my girlfriend and we always fight for that. I need to learn how to have this type of heart

    ReplyDelete
  5. Waiting for the rest of the story, am hooked!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Micky is. Matured for marriage but his partner.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1