Tango With Me 4


When someone shows up like a bad penny? Yes, that was how Remi showed up on the day Femi officially introduced me to his parents. I had been fussed over by his mother, hugged by his father when all of a sudden the door flung open to admit Remi. I looked at him dumbstruck!
Femi with his arm flung over his shoulder introduced him to me as his rascally younger brother. Remi smiled guilessly  at me. I? I looked everywhere but his eyes, I was shaking inwardly. My thoughts were in turmoil. At a stage, I started feeling nauseous. Femi thankfully didn’t notice my discomfiture, he was engrossed with his younger brother whom he had'nt seen ,in years.
I was expecting some sort of drama, which fortunately didn’t come. When Femi said it was time to go, I couldn’t have been happier. Remi gave me a sisterly peck but smiled at me with a disturbing glint in his eyes.
As soon as I got home my head started aching. It ached like a dozen drummers were intent on giving their best and loudest performance in my head! I tossed and turned on my bed seeking some respite. I tried considering my options. Would Remi tell Femi we had dated? What would be Femi's response. Should I be the one to let the cat out of the bag? Would that not spell my doom?. I knew I could not afford to lose Femi. He was the one best thing to have happened to me in a long while. He was my gift from the gods. Suddenly, my phone rang in the midst of my musing. It was Remi!
‘Hello Moji'
I gulped, trying to steady the uneven pacing of my heart
‘ H…hi'
‘ So you want to marry my brother, huh?’
‘ Y….ye..yes'
Remi laughed in his usual Devil may care manner
‘ Why are you stammering?.... You’re afraid I’ll tell him our little secret, yeah? Nope, I won’t. But, we need to see'
I kept quiet. For the life of me, I didn’t see any need for us, to see
His voice hardening' If you want to be married to my brother, meet me at EMX restaurant tomorrow, 6 pm'
 The line went dead and I started trembling, in earnest.

To be continued…..

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1