Tango With Me 5

You might be thinking, why couldn’t I just call the bluff of the idiot?! I thought so too. But he appeared to hold the aces, I was just the pawn.
The headache didn’t get better the next day as I didn’t sleep a wink all through the night. I mean, if you were in my shoes, would you have slept?!
I had to go see my physician first thing that morning who administered some really strong pain meds. It was a Sunday so I literally slept throughout the day. In the evening I woke up feeling better and just threw on some clothes. EMX is an eatery not far from my house and I was there in ten minutes, a minute short of the six pm rendezvous.
Remi kept me waiting thirty minutes. When his royal majesty eventually sauntered in, I was careful to keep my facial expression, bland.
I think the pain meds asides relieving me of the headache, had also made me very passive. I felt numb, immune to any shock, whatsoever. And yet, I felt strong emotionally.
He looked me over carefully, I looked at him without expression.
‘ So you are to marry my brother'
‘ Remi cut to the chase! You know as well as I do that the wedding is slated for a month’s time'
He peered closely at my face and suddenly smiled,all charm. I was once a sucker for that smile, i thought, regretfully.
‘ Can I get you something to eat or drink'
‘Truth is, I want nothing from you' I answered coolly
He looked taken aback for a moment, then he smiled
‘ You want me to keep shut about our relationship, ofcourse'
‘ Ofcourse' I replied coldly' Wouldn’t do anyone any good to know, would it?’
‘Good! I’ll keep quiet about it'
I looked at him, suspicion in my mien. I did not trust this sonofabitch one bit. There is not one single good bone in his body. I should know, i dated him for a year.


To be continued….

Comments

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1