Entangled 2

 

I got married to ‘ Madam', two decades ago. I had just finished bagging a masters degree in Mechanical engineering from the University of Aberdeen, in Scotland. Father had insisted I come home to run the thriving mechanical plant we had in Nigeria. I was not tempted to stay back, I found the life in the UK, cold and unyielding and so as soon as I was done, I found my way back, to Nigeria.

I was naïve around women, I knew little about them being a reserved and introspective person. I was an only child and generally I amused myself. 

Father and mother thought it wise I settle down with a girl from ‘ a good family’, before taking on the reins of the MD/ CEO of Kinetics. And so, the search for a suitable bride begun. Not long afterwards, I was introduced to a lady, the daughter of my father’s old friend. The family  had just relocated to Nigeria from the States. That was how I was introduced to ‘ Madam' and encouraged to cultivate a relationship with her. I was however indifferent. She was short, squat and with a bossom that would shame that of the whales! I preferred ladies who were tall, willowy with slim ankles. Madam was the exact opposite. The one thing she had going for her was her intelligence, she had good conversation, she could talk about virtually everything under the sun. On the books on marriage I had been reading, communication came tops on the list of the criteria. We had conversation, but no chemistry, at least not on my part.

I have said I was naïve, I was still a virgin. I did not think my not being attracted to her physically would be an issue. I just felt with time, it would grow. She was the one that initiated the stolen kisses and smooches. With expert hands, she would guide my hands to her place( s) of interest and I obliged.

My thinking was she would make a good wife for an MD/ CEO. She was organised and very efficient. I suppose the foregoing made up for what she was lacking in the looks department.

We got married three months later in the presence of the crème de La crème of the society. We had our honey moon in Dublin. Lovemaking was always at her say so or initiation. Frankly, I found no pleasure in it, but, I told myself I must raise sons too after me. With her, I would pretend  I was with Freda, my willowy, beautiful ex classmate in Aberdeen.


To be continued


Comments

  1. ..with a bossom that would shame that of the whales!
    😁

    ReplyDelete
  2. Something is telling me that trouble is looming. One that can't be contained. Fingers crossed

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truth should be said at all time. Going into marriage with a lady you don't like/ love is terribly bad.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1