Entangled 5

 I left the resort, lighter at heart, refreshed and with a change in my mindset. I had made up my mind, I would not allow my circumstances, no matter how bad to control me. My children may have decided to ruin their lives, but it would not make me ruin mine via depression.

I immersed myself into work. I would get back home very late at night. Have a shower and get into bed. Thankfully I and Wifey had agreed earlier on in our marriage on the need to have some space, so I had my own room, free of any bedroom chatter as it were.

Dumebi got rusticated yet again and my little bubble of happiness, turned bitter.

I had to escape from the house for my own sanity. I knew I was beginning to lose it. I checked into the resort again. But even there, the release I needed wouldn’t come. I was becoming an emotional wreck. I knew I needed help, fast.

The owner of the resort was my saviour during this dark era. She was intuitive and noticed I had become a recluse, so unlike me. Slowly with some reluctance, my whole nightmarish story, I told her. She was sympathetic and advised I see a psychologist, her friend whom she said was very empathetic.

So an appointment was set up to see the psychologist the following week. To be candid, I merely agreed just to get her off my case as she was so insistent that my mental health depended on it. I had always felt psychologist were for those going crazy, but then again, what I was going through was really a prelude to craziness.

I was chauffeur driven by madam's driver to the clinic not too far from the resort. A three bedroom boungallow, quaint looking with lots of beautiful flowers. I just felt relaxed upon setting my eyes on the garden of flowers. And then, I saw her, in the garden, in grubby shorts and a tank top, minding the flowers, I cleared my throat as I approached and she looked up. She had a smile that absolutely lit up her face, a smile that set me, further at ease.

I knew instinctively, this was someone I could trust, this was someone who held my key of redemption.

She removed her rubber gloves, and as her hands reached out to meet mine, I knew I had come to a haven of sorts.

She ushered me into her cozy sitting room and I was  offered a cup of  Chamomile tea which further relaxed me. Slowly, my whole life’s story came out in bits and pieces. I hid nothing, I had no reason to. 

I left feeling almost light headed after the session. And for the first time in years, I slept like a baby, with complete abandon.


To be continued…


Comments

  1. Take life easy though different challenges may come our way surrender all these to God for his intervention and there be calm always

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the angle, that, the story is taking with emotional well being...

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1