Itohan 1

 

I learnt early that you could use what you  have to get what you want. I think it was my first lesson learnt. I gained admission to the higher institution and got friendly with ladies who further expounded on the theory to me. I didn’t need to study too hard as my assets were put to good use.

I was through with school and I had made up my mind, I wouldn’t settle down with a ‘ Surulere' man. I wanted someone who was rich, very rich. Why marry a poor man with whom you’d have to struggle with, huffing and panting by a kerosene stove, staying up till late at night wondering how to stretch limited resources to cover living expenses in a month? God forbid. Me, baby girl for life!

I wanted the easy life and I was determined as determined can be to get it, at all costs.

So I spread my nets and caught a big fish. I caught Chief. A man already married.  Chief’s wife was old and couldn’t proffer the pleasures, my slim and nubile body could. I had also along the years armed myself with an in-depth knowledge of the male anatomy. No part of it was a stranger to me. Chief didn’t stand a chance, He got hooked and stayed hooked. Within two months I, Itohan became wife number 2.

Chief got me my own apartment, a duplex on the island. I had a car and a driver, a regular and generous paycheck every quarter. I got pregnant and had a son, followed by two more sons. Chief was very pleased. And, I was pleased that he was pleased as my alerts were increasing, nicely.

But then, as with everything in life, I became discontent. I wanted more.


To be continued


Comments

  1. Nice piece....looking forward to see how this story ends
    . However I have some predictions. Waiting to see if I am right.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much. It will end in an unpredictable way, I assure you

      Delete
  2. Human, or is it 'woman' wants are indeed insatiable......

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sense danger now. With discontentment in not-so-worthy endeavors comes great falls.
    Wise thieves know better. Let's read on!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1