Unknown 5

Separation was hard at first, but I had to man up…or is it woman up? I would prepare him for school in the mornings and the driver would take us both to his school. Hubby didn’t like the idea of crowding his son and heir apparent with other kids in the school bus. Upon leading him to his classroom, he would give me one final desperate hug and I would kneel to be loudly and fervently kissed robustly on both cheeks!

Sean grew up healthy and strong. Everyday, I kept blessing the day I conceived him. All was well with my world….with Sean in it.

When he was two, hubby said we needed to go do some tests as he was perplexed I hadn’t gotten pregnant again. To be candid, I wanted a playmate for my son and I was equally surprised because the nightly couplings were even more frequent than before: I really ought to have conceived.

And, the litany of tests begun. We even tried IVF when Sean became three, to no avail.

I noticed hubby was worried as his conversations tended towards the pressure he was facing from his clan over getting more children as he was an only son. I was indifferent about whatever pressure he was facing to be candid, I just wanted a playmate for Sean.

I suggested adoption but the look he gave me chilled me to my bones. Okay, I get, no to adoption, what else was there to do? 

When Sean clocked four, my younger sister was set to get married and I had to travel to my hometown. It was supposed to be a quiet wedding as both she and her husband had just started working, but trust hubby. He wanted to show the world that he was an able in law, a very responsible and responsive one at that and so he proceeded to spend. He rented a large hall, paid for food and drinks and so we had no choice in the matter as the ‘quiet’ wedding became a carnival of sorts. He invited his business associates who came in their numbers. As I was going up and down to see that the event went smoothly, I barged into a man. As he turned around in surprise, our eyes met and I found myself face to face with Jude.

I could not believe my eyes as he looked at me, a slow smile spreading across his unforgettable, absolutely gorgeous face.

‘Soom!' He screamed my name with the excitement of one who had just discovered a pot of gold! He proceeded to give me the most fervent hug I have ever experienced in this life. …and probably in the world to come!

For the first time in many years, my loins quickened, my dead heart came alive and started beating. 

Emotion made me tongue tied….i couldn’t resist as he tucked my hand into the crook of his arm and I allowed his warmth slowly seep into my body


To be continued….

 


Comments

  1. I hope the story is not going to take the dimension that will test the loyalty of this lady to the husband she doesn't particularly fancy.Iam waiting. Cheers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The wait will soon be over!
      Thanks so much for your comment

      Delete
  2. I smell foul play brewing, ...... time will tell!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ademola truly tome is the revealed of all secrets

      Delete
  3. Intriguing and captivating, just the kind of story I enjoy. I can't wait for the concluding parts...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good job. You are such a good story teller. However, the story seems to end when I was already enwrapped into it.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1