An Awakening 1

I’m crazy in love with Ife. Her name means love, I tell you, she typifies it.
Daily I wake up with a smile on my face, her name on my lips. My friends think jazz is at work, I tell them, no, it is Ife, killing me with love, her love, her peculiar brand of magic!
Her voice soothes away my aches and pains, is like water that revives my parched heart. Her touch makes me ,almost inhumanly strong. Her reasoning, simply mind blowing.
I saw  her once at a mall, and I was hooked. It wasn’t just her looks, it was an animal magnetism she effortlessly carried. It was her sweet and gentle spirit that got me mesmerised. I had walked up to her and as I looked into the brown pool of her eyes, I told myself ‘Ugo, this is where you die. This is your final bus stop!’
And that was how our sweet romance started. After work, I would find my way at great inconvenience to her house, which was like world's end. At times getting a bus would prove difficult, but I would gladly trek miles before getting a means of conveyance. Such was the strength of my love.
I had wanted us to get married almost immediately but I was cash trapped. I was still living in a self contained mini flat. I voiced my concerns to her but she waved them away
‘ Your financial state is irrelevant to me, Ugo. I don’t care if you’re living under the bridge, I love you, just the way you are. If you cannot afford a wedding, let’s just do introduction and then registry, for starters. I cannot wait to start having your babies!’
Those softly but passionately spoken words stirred up something in me. The man in me was fired. I really could have taken a grenade for her, at that moment.
Quickly we had the introduction and then the court wedding. This was after four months of courtship. On the day of the registry, I was the happiest man in earth….so happy that at a stage I started stammering out of excitement!
Eventually the jeep I borrowed from a church member brought us to the house. I took her into my arms whispering sweet endearments into her ears. Her body was liquid in my arms. I carried my love in my arms and headed for the bedroom.

To be continued

Comments

  1. It has brighten my morning and for a moment drowned d ugly thoughts of coronavirus plaguing d world

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am panting for more. As always, Tutu writes, let the world read it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Interesting start....always refreshing reading your short stories.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Interesting and tourçhing story.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Babe your good at it. Just ride on.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh wow... you are good I swear

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes.... Let the show begin. Am loving this.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Nice, if only most girls will reason like that. Thumbs up.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself