My American 3



They say love is blind, but marriage is the eye opener. O boy!did my eyes open?!
First off , after the wedding, he brought me to a dingy face me, I face you apartment. He had told me he lived in a three bed flat. So I was shocked. He started stammering and eventually the whole truth came tumbling out
My American hubby had been deported!
He came back without a dime. All the gifts he had been showering on me were from monies, a few friends who pitied him had gathered for him to start a small scale business with
Odiegwu!
The love I thought I had for him, evaporated, in that same instant. He had not a penny to his name. He had no job, and no prospects. All the academic qualifications were all lies, he was just a school cert holder who has been deported for dealing drugs!
His parents and a few friends I had met were all in on the deceit. All painted a rosy picture, all lied for him.
I wanted to flee, but where to?
It is said that if you cannot move forward, it is better to move backwards. But, I had no ‘ backwards’ to move to. I had no back up plan.
I thought of the shame my going back home would bring to my parents. I thought of my boastings to my friends and siblings, how we would be travelling back to the states, shortly after our wedding. I just knew ,I was grounded.
I had loved a mirage. I had loved, nothing. My  marriage was just a bloody charade.
I wept through out the night and for weeks after, I was in despair. I never planned to get pregnant. I had tried to be careful but fate had other plans.
Apparently, I’m stuck with my American, until I can think of a way to extricate myself.

The end…

Comments

  1. E don happen...motor don jam am.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is well with your Soul!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. So sad, just when she thought she had won jackpot!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Scammed! What an end, all that glitters is not gold, lesson for the wise.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Madam, Greed is a destroyer of relationship

    ReplyDelete
  6. Congratulations sister. You should be be calling owo epo 😂😂😂

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Wedding night

To Do Myself

An Awakening 1